Determination of Bioaccumulation Factor The bioaccumulation factor (BAF), a dimensionless inde x indicating that the factor relates accumulated pollutant to that in sediment (Spacie et al.
What does BAF stand for?
BAF stands for Bioaccumulation Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BAF
We have 116 other meanings of BAF in our Acronym Attic
- Bellcore AMA Format
- Beltsville Assembly Facility
- Benefield Anechoic Facility (Edwards AFB CA, USA)
- Benefit Audit Fund (State of California unemployment system)
- Benin Armed Forces
- Bergens Arkitektforening (Norwegian: Bergen Architectural Association; Bergen, Norway)
- Best Affiliate Forward
- Best American Fantasy (anthology series)
- Best Angular Fit
- Billing AMA Format
- Biological Aerated Filter
- Blue Arsed Fly (graphic design; UK)
- Body Art Forms
- Boite a Frissons (French accordion maker)
- Booster Applications Facility (Brookhaven National Laboratory)
- Brain Aneurysm Foundation (est. 1994)
- Branch And Forward
- Bring A Friend (MMORPG gaming)
- British Abrasives Federation
- British Academy of Fencing
Samples in periodicals archive:
bioconcentration factor (BCF) or bioaccumulation factor (BAF) [greater than or equal to] 5,000], approximately 1,240 organic chemicals on the DSL were identified as potentially bioaccumulative (Environment Canada 2006; Persistence and Bioaccumulation Regulations 2000).
The strategies determine bioaccumulation potential using one or more of three measures: the bioaccumulation factor (BAF), the bioconcentration factor (BCF), and the log of the octanol-water partition (log Kow).