2 GHz, capable of executing more than 50 billion instructions per second (BIPS).
What does BIPS stand for?
BIPS stands for Billion Instructions Per Second
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of BIPS
We have 21 other meanings of BIPS in our Acronym Attic
- Bowen Island Parks and Recreation (commission; Canada)
- Bowen Island Parks and Recreation Commission (Bowen Island, British Columbia, Canada)
- Backup Impact Prediction System
- Bank Internet Payment System
- Barium Impregnated Polyethylene Spheres (veterinary medicine)
- Basic Interpersonal Skills
- Battlefield Imaging Projectile System
- Bayesian Inference for the Physical Sciences
- Bernsen's International Press Service
- Bitcoin Improvement Proposal
- Board for International Professional Standards (International Code Council)
- Brayton Isotope Power System
- British Institute of Persian Studies
- Business Interruption Protection Services (Capital Continuity; UK)
- Byggeri, Informationsteknologi, Produktivitet, Samarbejde (Danish: self-governing association for sharing information within construction)
- Black Insurance Professionals of South Africa
- Ball In Pocket, Sit In Cart (Golf)
- Bangladesh Institute of Peace Support Operation Training (UN Peace Support Operations; Gazipur, Bangladesh)
- Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
2Ghz, capable of executing more than 50 billion instructions per second.
The GVPP crunches 20 billion instructions per second (compared to the mere millions of instruction per second of Pentium-class processors).
The IBM SP processes data at 690 billion instructions per second.
7 million contract from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to develop a new, massively parallel computer system that can execute 1 billion instructions per second.