In the intensive care unit she was was allowed to breathe spontaneously in bilevel positive airway pressure mode with mild pressure support and positive end-expiratory pressure 5 mmHg.
What does BPAP stand for?
BPAP stands for Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPAP
We have 4 other meanings of BPAP in our Acronym Attic
- Business Process Architectural Modelling
- Business Process Automation Module
- Biodiversity and Protected Areas Management Project (Cambodia)
- British Performing Arts Medicine Trust (London, UK)
- Back Propagation Artificial Neural Network
- Best Practice Australia (Queensland, Australia)
- Book Publishers Association of New Zealand
- Benefits Planning Assistance and Outreach
- Bowling Proprietors Association of Ontario (Canada)
- Brooklyn Peer Advocacy Project (Brooklyn, NY)
- Business Processing Association of the Philippines (Makati City, Philippines)
- Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management (degree)
- Buss-Perry Aggression Questionnaire
- Biopsy-Proven Acute Rejection
- Black-Pigmented Anaerobic Rods (dentistry)
- Birmingham Partnership Against Racial Harassment (UK)
- Bachelor of Physical Activity Studies
- Benefit Plans Administrative Services (various locations)
- Best Practice AIDS Standard (Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It should also be added that other forms of noninvasive ventilation such as bilevel positive airway pressure (BIPAP) and non-invasive positive airway pressure (NPAP) have also been offered in HF patients with CSA/CSR.
Practice parameters for the use of continuous and bilevel positive airway pressure devices to treat adult patients with sleep-related breathing disorders.
Of the 18 patients receiving "conventional treatment," 9 were using continuous positive airway pressure, 8 were using bilevel positive airway pressure, and 1 was using a dental device.
The results of his second sleep study were worse than the first, but he ultimately obtained excellent relief with bilevel positive airway pressure.
Randomized, prospective trial of oxygen, continuous positive airway pressure, and bilevel positive airway pressure by face mask in acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema.
Of the 18 patients who were receiving "conventional treatment," 9 were using continuous positive airway pressure, 8 were using bilevel positive airway pressure, and 1 was using a dental device.
Profile Lite offers comfort and two-in-one convenience for patients using CPAP or bilevel positive airway pressure devices.