19) By contrast, the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (BAV; RISM sigla: I-Rvat; Cabimus number 366, Anagrafe code IT-RM1360), is the Pope's private library, which is open to the public according to his will but with none of the duties of a national library.
What does BAV stand for?
BAV stands for Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (Italian: Vatican Library)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAV
We have 28 other meanings of BAV in our Acronym Attic
- Banna Virus
- Baotou, PR China (airport code)
- Basic Audio Video (product feature)
- Bateau A Vapeur (French steamship postmark)
- Battle Athletes Victory (anime)
- Bavarian (linguistics)
- Bay Area Vegetarians
- Beds Available
- Biarritz avec Vous (French: Biarritz with You; residential association; Biarritz, French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Half the collection does deal with rights and property, and I believe that the editor of the collection, Theo Kolzer, came to a much more balanced conclusion about Gregory's purpose that is far more convincing--"Schwerpunkt der Collectio Farensis ist der Schultz des Kirchengutes in weitesten Sinn" (Collectio canonum Regesto Farfensi inserta, Monumenta iuris canonici, Series B, 5 [Citta del Vaticano: Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, 1982], 74).
Proudly described as 'the finest since ancient times' by his bookseller, Vespasiano da Bisticci, it was purchased by Pope Alexander vii in 1657, and survives intact as part of the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana.
Fra questi spicca l'Urbinate Latino 366 della Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana risalente al 1352, e su detto manoscritto, con le correzioni degli errori di sostanza, si fonda l'edizione curata da Sanguineti.
The Art Publishing Group Gets License to Vatican Art The Art Publishing Group has been given worldwide exclusive publishing rights to publish fine art prints and limited editions from the archive of the Vatican Library or Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (BAV).
Blackburn collected and interpreted the important evidence concerning tablets contained in the massive volume of letters and theoretical writings, Vatican City, Biblioteca apostolica vaticana, Vat.
She has carefully mined the Archivio Segreto Vaticano, the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, and the archive of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in her research, begun as a doctoral project at the University of Pisa.