This requires the added expense of a 4800 BPS bi-synchronous Bell 208B compatible modem.
What does BS stand for?
BS stands for Bi-Synchronous
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of BS
We have 130 other meanings of BS in our Acronym Attic
- Bering Sea
- Bering Strait
- Berkhouse/Snyder (music duo)
- Berufsschule (German: vocational school)
- Best Speaker (Toastmasters)
- Beta Sigma (fraternity)
- BetalingsService (Danish: Payment Service)
- Béton de Sable (French: Sand Concrete)
- Betrayed Spouse
- Bi-Metallic Strip
Samples in periodicals archive:
The cost of a bi-synchronous modem necessary for electronic filing is approximately $1,000.
BTAM was riginally written for async, but extensions handle bi-synchronous protocols that have become the most common with BTAM.