AGITATED over the toll rate hike on the Delhi- Noida Direct ( DND) flyway, representatives of the Bharatiya Kisan Union ( BKU) staged a protest and submitted a memorandum to roll back the prices on Tuesday.
What does BKU stand for?
BKU stands for Bharatiya Kisan Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BKU
We have 3 other meanings of BKU in our Acronym Attic
- Brook Trout (fish)
- Bruttokansantuote (Finnish GDP)
- Brisbane Kindergarten Teachers College (Australia)
- Brandon Kirkley and the Firecrackers (band)
- Basic Knowledge Training Group
- Badan Koordinasi Tata Ruang Nasional (Indonesian: Coordinating Board of the National Spatial; Indonesia)
- Brickell Key Tours and Transportation (Miami, FL)
- Bayerische Karate Union (German)
- Bidang Kajian Utama (Indonesian: Main Study Area)
- Big Kenechi Udeze (football player)
- Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit (Israel)
- Bund Katholischer Unternehmer (German: Federation of Catholic Entrepreneurs)
- Burger King University
- Best Known Upper Bound
- Badan Koordinasi Umat Islam (Indonesian: Coordinating Board of the Islamic Nation)
- Bible Korean United Methodist Church (Dix Hills, NY)
- Backup Memory (Telabs)
- Bai Kei Viti Party (Fiji)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By banning mobiles and body-hugging jeans everywhere for women, we'll ensure that society does not point a finger at us when it comes to eve teasing, elopements and other crimes against women," declares Vaishali, granddaughter of Sohanviiri, leader of Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU), a farmers' body in Western Uttar Pradesh.
Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh), May 15 (ANI): Bharatiya Kisan Union President Mahendra Singh Tikait died here on Sunday morning following a losing battle with cancer.
The farmers, following a call of the Bharatiya Kisan Union ( BKU) to seize all toll plazas in Uttar Pradesh, have threatened to capture the DND flyover in Noida on Friday if their demand was not met.
Manmohan Singh, has condoled the demise of Bharatiya Kisan Union President Mahendra Singh Tikait, who spearheaded several movements for peasants' rights in northern India.
The scuffle turned ugly in Malikpur, some 3 km from Farrukhabad, where over a dozen Congressmen donning caps which said " Main Khurshid Hun ( I am Khurshid)", attacked members of the IAC and Bharatiya Kisan Union ( BKU) with lathis and bricks.
Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Kisan Union began a march towards Greater Noida, protesting against the Uttar Pradesh government in a show of solidarity to the farmers.
However, an undergraduate student of Baghpat said the BKM leader was resorting to such absurdity to establish himself against the more popular Bharatiya Kisan Union ( BKU), which was founded by Mahendra Singh Tikait.