The radios will provide the country's armed forces with high-performance handheld tactical communications for both line-of-sight and beyond line-of-sight satellite applications.
What does BLOS stand for?
BLOS stands for Beyond Line-Of-Sight (over 600 Miles)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BLOS
We have 5 other meanings of BLOS in our Acronym Attic
- Brothers Leading Others Outta Darkness
- Bandlimited LADSPA (Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API (Application Programming Interface)) Oscillator Plugin (software)
- Basic Local Operation
- Block Locally Optimal Preconditioned Eigenvalue Xolvers
- Business, Labour and Overseas Price Indexes (New Zealand)
- Black Ops (video game)
- Boucle Locale Optique Radio (French: Optical Radio Local Loop)
- Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (Texas)
- Block Based Robot
- Bell Laboratories Operating System (AT&T)
- Bicycle Level of Service (roadway bike friendliness measure)
- Blood Oxidative Stress
- Boss Looking over Shoulder
- Branch If Lower or Same
- Beam Line Operations and Safety Awareness
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
- Bevordering Van de Lichamelijke Ontwikkeling, Sport En Openluchtrecreatie (Commissariaat-Generaal Voor de)
- Beta-Blocker Length of Stay Study (clinical trial)
- Beyond Line-of-Sight System (radio system)
- Blended Learning Open Source Science or Math Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the HMS Manpack radio provided an operational value as a battalion and below asset capable of providing networked transport capability for Line-Of-Sight and Beyond Line-Of-Sight mission command communications, it failed to demonstrate adequate performance running the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System waveform and fell short of the Manpack CPD reliability requirements.
Over-the-Horizon (OTH) radar, however, exploits the refractive properties of the ionosphere at low level frequencies (between 3 and 30 megahertz) to provide coverage far beyond line-of-sight distances.
ViaSat mobile broadband systems are designed to provide high-speed, beyond line-of-sight communications for media-rich ISR, C2, and other applications.