Privacy-seal programs like those offered by TRUSTe and the Better Business Bureau Online are at the core of the self-regulatory approach, and TRUSTe's Steer says they are gaining in popularity.
What does BBBO stand for?
BBBO stands for Better Business Bureau Online
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BBBO
- Better Beginnings, Better Futures
- British Boys for British Farms (UK)
- Bromley by Bow Football Club (UK)
- Big Brother Best Friend Forever
- Bear in the Big Blue House (children`s book)
- Balcer Brothers Bus Line (Bay City, Michigan, circa 1920s)
- Big Bats Baseball League (est. 1998; fantasy baseball league)
- Better Business Bureau of Mainland British Columbia
- Better Business Bureau of the Maritime Provinces Incorporated (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire
- Braddock Bay Bird Observatory (New York)
- British Boxing Board of Control
- Bilirubin/BSP (Bromosulfophthalein) Binding Protein
- Biobehavioral and Behavioral Processes
- Blues Brothers Band Project (cover band; Germany)
- Bronx Blue Bedroom Project (New York, NY; collaborative art project)
- BYOB Barbecue
- Barclays Bank Base Rate
- Bring Back British Rail (campaign; UK)
- British Brass Band Registry (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, TRUSTe and the Better Business Bureau Online offer businesses electronic seals for adhering to privacy standards and for agreeing to oversight.
Evaluators will also be mindful of whether the online shopping outlet is registered with Trust-e or the Better Business Bureau Online, two subscription services that online companies register with to have their privacy and business practices periodically audited.
The main two initiatives are Truste and the Better Business Bureau Online, which we detailed extensively last week.