BlackBerry has bet the farm on the two handsets restoring its fortunes after several years in which it has had to watch firms such as Apple and Samsung erode its global market share.
What does BTF stand for?
BTF stands for Bet The Farm (as in a bet the farm project for a company)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BTF
We have 94 other meanings of BTF in our Acronym Attic
- Bally Total Fitness (various locations)
- Battalion Task Forces
- Before the Fire
- Behavioral Theory of the Firm
- Behind the Firewall
- Below the Fold (publications)
- Bench Test Fixtures
- Benzotrifuroxan (explosive)
- Berkshire Theatre Festival (Stockbridge, MA)
- Berwyn Talk Forum
- Better Than Factory (various organizations)
- Better than Fiction
- Beyond the Felt (poker forum)
- Beyond the Floor (environment)
- Bhangra Teams' Forum (est. 2008)
- Bidirectional Texture Function
- Big Thrill Factory (Minnesota)
- Big Tough Frogman (US Navy SEAL slang)
- BikeTechForums (motorcycle community)
- Binaytara Foundation (est. 2007)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Starting with a look at Fleming's life, we learn how budding film producers 'Cubby'Broccoli and Harry Saltzman bet the farm on Dr No, a film that became one of the most profitable of all time.
They bet the farm on the iPod, which was the first real peripheral they built, and they bet the farm on the iPhone.
It would probably be an exaggeration to say the chief executive of Sportech, owner of the Littlewoods brand, had bet the farm on the deal going ahead but he certainly saw it as crucial to secure the long-term future of football pools in the UK.
Whilst I and many others applaud the rationale behind your paper's campaign to save the bank, it's worth remembering that this is a FTSE 100 company in very poor shape and the management team who have bet the farm and lost are still in place.
Mr Opik, MP for Montgomeryshire, said, "It's very flattering but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.