New facilities must persuade regulators that they are installing the best available control technology before being allowed to operate.
What does BACT stand for?
BACT stands for Best Available Control Technology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BACT
We have 3 other meanings of BACT in our Acronym Attic
- Beach Action Committee of South Africa
- British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia
- Business Advisory Council for Southeast Europe (Balkan reconstruction and development)
- Bay Area Construction Sector Intervention Collaborative (Oakland, California)
- Business Administration Computer Science and Information Technology
- Bagotville Air Cadet Summer Training Centre (Canada)
- Blackdown Army Cadet Summer Training Centre
- Borden Air Cadet Summer Training Centre
- Bekaert Advanced Coating Technologies
- Biological Approaches to Cancer Treatment
- British Association of Conference Towns
- Bryn Athyn Community Theater (est. 1981; Bryn Athyn, PA)
- British Amusement and Catering Trades Association
- Bay Area Cellular Telephone Company
- Best Available Control Technology Economically Achievable (Canada)
- Biological Arms Control Treaty Office (Army implementing agent)
- Bactrian (linguistics)
- Bangor Area Comprehensive Transportation System (Maine)
- Belgian Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
Samples in periodicals archive:
EPA's permitting process wouldn't stop companies from operating in Texas, Reed says, but it would require "major sources of air pollution to go through a permitting process in order to come up with the best available control technology for greenhouse gases.
We plan to utilize appropriate air emission controls, installing Best Available Control Technology as required by the environmental authorities," Kell said.
The act would have required pollution from the new cupola to be controlled using the best available control technology.
5) and existing installations of electrostatic precipitators (ESPs) will be converted to fabric filters as the best available control technology.