Each sample consisting of 30 scallops >50 mm in shell height was transported in water to the pilot hatchery at the Bermuda Biological Station for Research (BBSR) and maintained in an open filtered seawater system for a 24-h period, allowing for gut clearance.
What does BBSR stand for?
BBSR stands for Bermuda Biological Station for Research
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBSR
We have 5 other meanings of BBSR in our Acronym Attic
- Baseband Signal Processing
- Battery Backup Sump Pump (emergency backup)
- Bebe Sport
- Black Business Supplier Programme (South Africa)
- Bob Bryar's Solo Project
- Brazos Bend State Park (Texas)
- Balkan and Black Sea Petroleum Association (Bulgaria)
- Babcock Borsig Softech Private Limited (India)
- Big Byte Solutions Private Limited (India)
- Big Bend Saltwater Paddling Trail (Florida)
- Bhubaneswar (India)
- Big Bear Sports Ranch (Big Bear City, CA)
- Biostatistics/Bioinformatics Shared Resource (San Diego, CA)
- Blue Bear Systems Research (UK)
- Bundesinstitut für Bau-, Stadt-Und Raumforschung (German: Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development)
- Bogus Basin Ski Racing Alliance (Boise, ID)
- Battery-Backed-Up Static Random Access Memory
- Bare Base Systems Readiness Board (Department of Defense)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Border Boosters Square and Round Dance Association (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Dust Busters collaborated with Peter Sedwick, a marine geochemist at the Bermuda Biological Station for Research, to test their particle sampler from May to September 2004 on a buoy moored off Bermuda.
A 1998 presidential National Ocean Conference in Monterey, California, and subsequent workshops at the Bermuda Biological Station for Research and elsewhere assisted in providing the framework for a research strategy.
SAMIA SARKIS, (1) * ANNE BOETTCHER, (2) NOBUO UEDA (2) AND CLAUDIA HOHN (3) (1) Department of Conservation Services, Flatt's, Bermuda; (2) University of South Alabama, Department of Biological Sciences, Mobile, Alabama; (3) Bermuda Biological Station for Research Inc.
Tony Knap, director of the Bermuda Biological Station for Research, says that the value of biomarkers is that they may offer the technology needed to monitor contamination of the physical, ecological, and human Arctic environments, and may provide Arctic residents and policy makers with data needed to intervene before potential problems progress to pollution crises.
BATS is a US Global Ocean Flux Study time-series program operated from the Bermuda Biological Station for Research.