It has also decided to cut its benchmark prime lending rate by 0.
What does BPLR stand for?
BPLR stands for Benchmark Prime Lending Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BPLR
We have 2 other meanings of BPLR in our Acronym Attic
- Banque Populaire Loire et Lyonnais (French bank)
- Black Practitioners and Learners Network (UK)
- Brad Pitt Light Orchestra (Irish band)
- Business Permit and Licensing Office (Philippines)
- Binary Prism LAN (Local Area Network) Parties (Lakeland, FL)
- Biodegradable Photoluminescent Polymer
- Boston Properties Limited Partnership (Delaware)
- Bruce Power Limited Partnership (nuclear energy; Ontario, Canada)
- Brazilian Program for Leather Quality Improvement
- Barking Park Light Railway (UK)
- Benoit Paysant Le-Roux (French model planes)
- Boreal Polar Province (Oceanographic Region Belonging to the Atlantic Polar Biome)
- Born Poor Live Rich
- Butterworths Pension Law Reports
- Block Padding Least-Recently Used (computing)
- Bedford Public Library System (Bedford, VA)
- British Politics and Legislative Studies
- Brownsville Public Library System (Brownsville, TX)
- Bureau of Private Land Services (Department of Environmental Conservation; New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calling on the central bank to do away with the benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR), the bank said that such a move would reduce interest rates for customers by 50-75 basis points.
Summary: In a move that could increase transparency and efficiency in loan pricing, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed that all loans be priced off a base rate as against the current practice of linking them to the so-called benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR).
The bank also revised its benchmark prime lending rate downwards by 25 basis points, it said.
On 1 April, the central bank will enforce a new base rate system, replacing the current benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR) for credit pricing.
The reduction in key rates by the Reserve Bank is not adequately reflected in the reduction of Benchmark Prime Lending Rates (BPLR) of banks," he added.