Briefing paper: The women and health section of the Beijing Platform for Action.
What does BPA stand for?
BPA stands for Beijing Platform for Action (est. 1995; China)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BPA
We have 289 other meanings of BPA in our Acronym Attic
- Banca Privada d'Andorra
- Banco Português do Atlântico
- Band Parents Association
- Banque Populaire Atlantique (French bank)
- Banque Populaire des Alpes (French bank)
- Baseline Performance Assessment (US DoD)
- Basic Process Algebra
- Basic Purchase Agreement
- Battlefield Psychological Activities
- Bayesian Predictive Adaptation
- Beiträge zur Physik Der Atmosphäre (Contributions to Atmospheric Physics)
- Belief Propagation Algorithm
- Bénéfice Par Action
- Benefit Plan Administration
- Benefit Plan Audit (various locations)
- Bernard Perreten Architecture, Inc (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Best Player Available (sports draft picks)
- Best Poster Award
- Best Practice Advisory (healthcare)
- Bid Price Adjustment
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Bank endorses Pakistan's national and international commitment highlighted in the Beijing Platform for Action, 1995; the National Plan of Action for Women, 1998 and the National Policy for Development & Empowerment of Women, 2002.
It is in this context that the renewed call by feminist activists for the implementation of strategic actions envisaged in the Cairo Programme of Action and the Beijing Platform for Action gains salience and acquires meaning.
I left the meeting convinced that the creation of this new gender entity will make 2010 a watershed year in the struggle for women's rights, on par with the passage of CEDAW in 1979, the adoption of the Beijing Platform for Action in 1995 which set out a number of actions for fundamental changes by 2000 and the introduction of the Millennium Development Goals in 2000.
This is despite Canada's adoption of the Beijing Platform for Action at the Fourth United Nations World Conference on Women in 1995, which commits to the integration of a gender perspective across government policies and programs in pursuit of gender equality.
In most cases FOI has been viewed in the context of liberating journalists, when in essence, access to the right information can provide leverage for women in Africa to effectively participate in important developmental issues like Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs), the UN Millennium Development Goals, International instruments like CEDAW, Beijing Platform for Action and the African Union's NEPAD initiative.
9211302501 Agreed conclusions of the commission of the status of women on the critical areas of concern of the Beijing platform for action 1996-2005.