Washington, March 31 ( ANI ): Antipsychotic medication, used to control behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in older people, is known to have negative side effects and increases the risk of stroke and death.
What does BPSD stand for?
BPSD stands for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPSD
We have 25 other meanings of BPSD in our Acronym Attic
- Biological and Physical Sciences
- Book Publicists of Southern California (est.1976; Hollywood, CA)
- Business Process and Services Computing (conference)
- British Police and Services Canine Association (UK)
- Blue-Pointed Siamese Cat Club (UK)
- Border Patrol Special Coordination Center
- Banque Privee Saint Dominique (French: Saint Dominique Private Bank; Paris, France)
- Barrels Per Stream Day
- Battery-Powered Smoke Detectors
- Beautiful Plains School Division (Manitoba, Canada)
- Bethel Park School District (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Buena Park School District (California)
- Balai Pengelolaan Sumber Daya Air (Indonesian: Central Management of Water Resources; Indonesia)
- Beethoven Piano Society of Europe (Barkingside, London, England, UK)
- Beltsville Poultry Semen Extender (diluting agent)
- Blindly Placed Sphenoidal Electrodes
- Bengal Provincial Students' Federation (India)
- Bismarck Public Schools Foundation (est. 1989)
- Birmingham Primary Schools Football Association (England)
- Baan Process Solutions Group (Invensys; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The modest, but statistically significant, impact of apple juice on the behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in this study adds to the body of evidence supporting the usefulness of nutritional approaches, including fruit and vegetable juices, in delaying the onset and progression of Alzheimer's Disease, even in the face of known genetic risk factors," said the authors.