Based on data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, CDC's 2011 state obesity map shows adult obesity rates remain high, with no state reporting an obesity prevalence of less than 20 percent.
What does BRFSS stand for?
BRFSS stands for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BRFSS
We have 4 other meanings of BRFSS in our Acronym Attic
- Boulder Rural Fire Protection District (Boulder, CO)
- Black River Falls Public Library (Wisconsin)
- Biochemical Relapse-Free Rate
- Boca Raton Fire-Rescue Services (Boca Raton, FL)
- Behavior Risk Factor Survey
- Big Red, the Flying Squirrel (BRFSStrategic)
- Biochemical Relapse Free Survival (cancer study)
- Blue Ridge Fiber Solutions (est. 1998; Penrose, NC)
- Border Ranges Fault System (geology)
- Behavior Risk Factor Surveillance Survey (US CDC)
- Big Red Fire Truck
- Big Round Freakin' Thing
- Bahamas Rugby Football Union
- Barème de Ressources Garanties (French: Schedule of Benefit Resources)
- Barna Research Group (est. 1984)
- Barrington Research Group, Inc (Calgary, AB, Canada)
- Bâtir-Rénover-Gérer (French: Build-Manage-Renovate)
- Baton Rouge Green (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Best Rate Guarantee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The data for the study came from a nationwide survey known as the 2009 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS).
The 2010 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) found bingeing in virtually every state and in every population group, regardless of age, ethnicity race, and socioeconomic level.
Data were collected from 19 states that answered the Vision Impairment and Access to Eye Care modules of CDC's Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), a telephone survey that annually tracks health risks in the United States.
The report, called "State-Specific Obesity Prevalence among Adults--United States, 2009," is based on new data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS).
According to the 2008 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), an estimated 9.