uk A SERIOUSLY ill baby had to wait 12 hours in A&E because there were no beds available in the whole of Britain.
What does BAV stand for?
BAV stands for Beds Available
This definition appears rarely
See other definitions of BAV
We have 28 other meanings of BAV in our Acronym Attic
- Baarnse Atletiek Vereniging (Dutch)
- Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty (medical procedure)
- Banna Virus
- Baotou, PR China (airport code)
- Basic Audio Video (product feature)
- Bateau A Vapeur (French steamship postmark)
- Battle Athletes Victory (anime)
- Bavarian (linguistics)
- Bay Area Vegetarians
- Biarritz avec Vous (French: Biarritz with You; residential association; Biarritz, French)
- Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (Italian: Vatican Library)
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve
- Bilim Arastirma Vakfi
- Bloc Auriculo-Ventriculaire (French: Atrioventricular Block; cardiology)
- Boath Audio Visual (Brighton, UK)
- Born-Again Virgin
- Both as View (data integration)
- Bourse aux Vêtements (French: Clothing Exchange)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The remaining wards will have beds available for at risk patients.
Public safety officials said hotels in the area, about 100 kilometres (60 miles) northeast of Rome, had made more than 13,000 beds available to the homeless.
With the opening of Lenape Hall, SUNY New Paltz has 13 residence halls on campus, with 2,800 beds available for resident students.
Up to 5,000 elderly people could be stuck in hospital on Christmas Day because there are no care home beds available for them, the Tories said yesterday.
Funded activities include: repairs to the Society's existing facilities for at-risk men and women who are recovering from drug and alcohol abuse; increasing the number of shelter beds available for at-risk women and connecting these women to appropriate services; increasing outreach services to women who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, and connecting these women to services.
New York's disaster contingency plans call for less seriously ill patients to be transferred to nursing homes to make hospital beds available for more critical cases.
Staff made beds available for patients from Mount Sinai and Lenox Hill hospitals and for residents of an assisted living facility that was damaged by smoke and debris (Figure).