Laboucan-Massimo, of the Lubicon Cree Nation, and Crystal Lameman, of the Beaver Lake Cree Nation, attended the Forward on Climate rally to protest TransCanada's Keystone XL pipeline.
What does BLCN stand for?
BLCN stands for Beaver Lake Cree Nation (Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BLCN
- Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited (India)
- Bilateral Carotid Artery Ligation
- Burkitt Lymphoma Cell Line (also seen as Burkitt's Lymphoma Cell Line)
- Bastide, Le Confort Medical (French retail stores)
- BLind Corner Monitor (drive assist technology)
- Borehole Logging Calibration Model
- Bovine Lung-Conditioned Medium (cells)
- Business Life Cycle Management (software)
- blastic phase of chronic myelogenous leukemia
- Birmingham Libraries Co-operative Mechanisation Project (UK)
- Bid List Classification Number
- Bilateral Carotid Artery Occlusion
- Bonnie Light Crude Oil
- Brass Locomotive Company
- Bridgeport Lakeport Civic Organization (Bridgeport, NY)
- Battalion Logistics Control Point
- Beach Lighterage Control Point (US DoD)
- Black Lung Clinic Program (US DHHS)
- Bonnyrigg Living Communities Project (Australia)
- Burlington Livable Community Project (Vermont)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We're pleased the court recognized the importance of the Species at Risk Act and, in issuing this judgment, has required the federal environment minister to properly reconsider the looming crisis for the woodland caribou--an animal vital to our livelihood," said Ron Lameman, advisor to Beaver Lake Cree Nation chief and council.
They are the centre of a legal battle between oil companies and the Beaver Lake Cree nation and other indigenous groups.
BEAVER LAKE CREE NATION The Alberta Court of Queen's Bench says a First Nation has the right to challenge the federal and provincial governments in court to ensure their treaty rights are protected into the future.
The Athabasca Chipewyan were joined by Beaver Lake Cree Nation and Enoch Cree Nation, along with environmental groups Pembina Institute and Alberta Wilderness Association, in forcing the government's hand through a judicial review hearing on June 22 in Edmonton.
Crystal Lameman-Cardinal, 29, and Chance McPherson, 18, from the Beaver Lake Cree Nation, were recently in the United Kingdom as part of a larger solidarity exchange project between the Beaver Lake Cree Nation and UK NGOs, The Cooperative, UK Tar Sands Network and Greenpeace UK.
BEAVER LAKE CREE NATION A federal judge's decision is a welcomed step in the fight to protect the woodland caribou in northeastern Alberta.
BEAVER LAKE CREE NATION A "tar sands group" has come forward with the money needed to pay court fees after the provincial and federal governments "added insult to injury," said Ron Lameman, advisor for the Beaver Lake Cree Nation, and insisted that the First Nation ante up $5,000 to pay for a failed attempt to be represented in court in October by a law firm from the United Kingdom.