[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Last June, Carlee Scheinfeld set out for Yosemite National Park's backcountry to take part in a Wilderness Leadership Training course through Bay Area Wilderness Training (BAWT), an Oakland-based nonprofit and project of Earth Island Institute.
What does BAWT stand for?
BAWT stands for Bay Area Wilderness Training
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAWT
We have 1 other meaning of BAWT in our Acronym Attic
- Bay Area Weavers & Spinners (Houston, TX)
- Bay Area World Series (baseball; now Rawlings Norcal World Series)
- Biological Aerosol Warning Sensor
- Biological Agent Warning Sensor
- Biological Agent Warning System
- British American West Society (UK)
- Bay Area Water Supply Conservation Agency (San Francisco, CA)
- Bay Area Women's Sports Initiative (California)
- Black Association of the Wine and Spirit Industry
- Black Association of Women Step Out (UK)
- Building Augmented Wind Turbine
- British Association of Wholesale Tour Agents (UK)
- Bay Area World Trade Center
- Bay Area Water Transit Initiative
- Bay Area Water Users Association (California)
- Bay Area Wireless Users Group
- Black and White Warbler (bird species)
- Biological Assessment of Wetlands Workgroup
- Bankers' Acceptance (Canadian futures)
- Barnaul, Russia - Barnaul Airport (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When I began Bay Area Wilderness Training (BAWT) in 1997, I knew very little about David Brower.
Bay Area Wilderness Training extends an open invitation to attend its fifth anniversary weekend retreat, April 2-4.
The ceremony followed a week of activities that began with a trip to Yosemite, where Award recipients learned about Dave's life and the history of the environmental movement, and spent a night in the backcountry with Earth Island's Bay Area Wilderness Training.
and led by Bay Area Wilderness Training, a project of Earth Island Institute.
Bay Area Wilderness Training (BAWT) is proud to offer its first site-based course this spring--the Mt.