The coalition combat identification (CCID) technologies tested during the ACTD included the Battlefield Target Identification Device (BTID), CID server, Tactical Air Control Party Close Air Support System, Target Location Designation Handoff System, Air Support Operations Center Gateway, Battlefield Air Operations Kit and the BTID-equipped Forward Air Controller (BeFAC).
What does BTID stand for?
BTID stands for Battlefield Target Identification
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BTID
- Be There in A Second
- But That Is Another Story
- Biased Target Ion Beam Deposition
- Babader Trading Industrial Corp. (Saudi Arabia)
- Baggage Tag Issuer Code (aviation)
- Beijing Transportation Information Center (China)
- Better Than Ice Cream (Philippines)
- Big Time International Consultant
- BIOTROP (Regional Centre for Tropical Biology) Training and Information Centre (Indonesia)
- Bali Turtle Island Development
- Battlefield Target Identification Device
- Brief Therapy Institute of Denver (Colorado)
- Bulk Transaction Identifier (Oracle)
- Buy Term and Invest the Difference (insurance investment strategy)
- Bilisim Teknolojileri Isiginda Egitim (IT conference)
- Bagram Theater Internment Facility (Bagram Air Base; Afghanistan)
- Business Taxpayer Information File
- Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund
- Baltimore Technologies Investments Limited (London, UK)
- Better Things in Life
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their latest review found that more than half of projects to develop new kit to avoid the hazard had been deferred or delayed and a crucial Battlefield Target Identification System was still several years away from being ready.
Air-to-air and ground-to-air systems use of IFF (identification friend or foe) Mode 4, and ground-to-ground systems, in the near future, may use Battlefield Target Identification Device (BTID) and Radio-Based Combat Identification (RBCI) CTI systems.
The battlefield target identification system provides that capability, but it is expensive.