The precedents of tabletop battle simulation led to a simulation of battle on the PDP-1.
What does BATSIM stand for?
BATSIM stands for Battle Simulation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Bradley Armor Training System
- Brilliant Anti-Tank System
- British Anti Terrorist Squad (gaming clan)
- Broadband Array in Taiwan for Seismology
- Broadcast Area Teleservice
- Bullhead Area Transit System
- British American Tobacco South Africa
- Binocular and Telescope Service Centre (Australia)
- Burst and Transient Source Experiment
- Beryllium Atomization and Thermal Spray Facility
- Battlefield Automated Tactical Support System
- Battlefield Targeting Support System
- Behavioral Assessment and Technology Support System
- British Army Training Support Unit Belize
- Benzoic Acid Tolerance Test
- Birmingham Area Technology Task Force (Alabama)
- British Army Training Team
- Bulimic Automatic Thoughts Test (psychology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Success Story-CGSC's ILE In the 1990s, CGSC's capstone exercise, Prairie Warrior, was a corps-level command post exercise (CPX) using Corps Battle Simulation (CBS), an Army collective training simulation.
Alongside the on-track automotive action there will be displays of motorcycles, helicopters, powerboats and hovercrafts, as well as the only opportunity to see live army combat with tanks, troops and field artillery engaged in a battle simulation.
And they said they will not be able to find the rifle that fired the live bullet in a battle simulation supposed to only involve blanks.
The Korea Battle Simulation Center (KBSC) has missions beyond the Korean Peninsula, but its priority is to support forces that are charged with defending the ROK.
But while he insists he can still compete with the youngsters on the field of play, he concedes he left the gun battle simulation to the club's younger pups.
In the last stage of their training, the duo have to deal with sleep deprivation, exposure and full-scale battle simulations.
Soldiers at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, are using the America's Army Game at the post's Battle Simulation Center to practice warrior tasks and battle drills.