5% on our council tax plus extra car park costs the council should, as they say, batten down the hatches and ride out the storm and not be spending on silly roundabouts.
What does BDTH stand for?
BDTH stands for Batten Down the Hatches
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BDTH
We have 1 other meaning of BDTH in our Acronym Attic
- Breaking Down the Barriers (Canadian nonprofit group newsletter)
- Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane (UK)
- Ballroom Dance Teachers College (Oakland, CA)
- Base de Donnees Toponymiques du Canada (French: Database of Canada Toponymic)
- British Dependent Territories Citizenship (now British Overseas Territories Citizenship; UK)
- Broxburn Dog Training Club (UK)
- Burn Down the Charade (band)
- Business Development and Training Center (Malvern, PA)
- Biological Defense Task Force
- Base Down to Horizontal (light bulbs)
- Bringing Down The Horse (song)
- Bringing Down The House (movie)
- Baltic Dirty Tanker Index (shipping index)
- Berkeley Design Technology, Inc.
- Board Director Training Institute of Japan (corporate governance)
- Brain-Derived Tau Kinase (enzyme)
- BETTA (British Electricity Trading and Transmission) Data Take-On Procedures (document)
- Brueckner (with) Double, Triple, and Quadruple (substitutions)
- Better Dead Than Red
- Bottlenose Dolphin Take Reduction Plan (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is difficult but we just have to batten down the hatches.
35pm The residents of an Arizona town are forced to batten down the hatches and reach for the flame-throwers when mutant spiders are created by a toxic waste spill but the rampaging arachnids have 11'ed an insatiable appetite for human flesh.
But there is no need to batten down the hatches as the storm is expected to lose its power over the ocean.
SCOTS have been warned to batten down the hatches tomorrow when severe gales are set to batter the country.