Birkan, who manages the space power and propulsion basic research investment portfolio at AFOSR, explained why continued funding toward this research is so important.
What does BR stand for?
BR stands for Basic Research
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BR
We have 50 other meanings of BR in our Acronym Attic
- Baltimore Ravens (professional football team; Maryland)
- Banana Republic (clothing store)
- Banco Reformador
- Bandwidth Request
- Bangladesh Railway
- Bank Roll
- Banlieue Rouge (Quebec punk band)
- Banque de la Réunion (French: Bank of Reunion)
- Bari (postal region, Somalia)
- Base Register
- Baskin Robbins (ice cream stores)
- Batch Reactor (chemical reactor where volume is constant and the contents are well-mixed)
- Batch Record (pharmaceutical product recipe)
- Bathroom Reader
- Bâtiment Réacteur (French: Reactor Building)
- Batman Returns (1992 movie)
- Baton Rouge
- Bats Right (baseball)
- Battery Return
- Battle Realms (PC game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This report summarizes the deliberations of a workshop to discuss the state of basic research related to telecommunications.
41 (e)(7)(a), basic research is "any original investigation for the advancement of" scientific "knowledge not having a specific commercial objective.
Beyond patent protection, they also benefit from generous funding of basic research.
The research on fibromyalgia supported by NIAMS covers a broad spectrum from basic research to behavioral interventions.