They focus on key practice behaviors and competencies, including information and tasks that must be mastered before seeing clients, such as self-understanding and perceptions of self and others; developing working relationships, including basic interpersonal skills, opening and closing a meeting, and expressing understanding; exploring and assessing clients; identifying challenges and establishing goals; and taking action, evaluating progress, and ending the work.
What does BIPS stand for?
BIPS stands for Basic Interpersonal Skills
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BIPS
We have 21 other meanings of BIPS in our Acronym Attic
- Baclofen-Induced Pressor Response
- Band-Integrated Power Ratio
- Boulder Institute for Psychotherapy and Research (Colorado)
- British-Irish Parliamentary Reporting Association (UK)
- Bowen Island Parks and Recreation (commission; Canada)
- Bowen Island Parks and Recreation Commission (Bowen Island, British Columbia, Canada)
- Backup Impact Prediction System
- Bank Internet Payment System
- Barium Impregnated Polyethylene Spheres (veterinary medicine)
- Battlefield Imaging Projectile System
- Bayesian Inference for the Physical Sciences
- Bernsen's International Press Service
- Billion Instructions Per Second
- Bitcoin Improvement Proposal
- Board for International Professional Standards (International Code Council)
- Brayton Isotope Power System
- British Institute of Persian Studies
- Business Interruption Protection Services (Capital Continuity; UK)
- Byggeri, Informationsteknologi, Produktivitet, Samarbejde (Danish: self-governing association for sharing information within construction)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The employability skills training included instructions in defining career objectives, interview and resume-writing techniques, basic interpersonal skills and information technology orientation.
JA's sequential and integrated kindergarten through grade 12 programs help young people to apply basic interpersonal skills, think critically and solve complex problems.