ORLANDO -- Among men who have a baseline prostate-specific antigen level above the median for their age, being African American and having a positive family history are predictive of future cancer.
What does BPSA stand for?
BPSA stands for Baseline Prostate-Specific Antigen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPSA
We have 29 other meanings of BPSA in our Acronym Attic
- Bytes People Solutions (South Africa)
- Bytes Per Second
- Porto Seguro, Bahia, Brazil - Porto Seguro (Airport Code)
- Baden-Powell Scout Association
- Baden-Powell Scout Award (various nations)
- Badger Pass Ski Area (California)
- Bangladesh Political Science Association
- Bangun Panca Sarana Abadi
- Barbados Private Sector Association
- Baseball Plate Shaped Award
- Bataille Pour la Suprematie Aerienne
- Bayfield Potential Service Area
- Beam Power Spectrum Analyzer
- Beginning Prostate-Specific Antigen
- Beijing Power Supply Association
- Belgian Political Science Association
- Belgian Professional Surgical Association
- Belgium Parcours Shooting Association
- Benign Partial Seizures of Adolescence
- benign prostate-specific antigen
Samples in periodicals archive:
ORLANDO -- Baseline prostate-specific antigen screening for men at age 40, replacement of a specific PSA cutoff value with "a continuum of risk assessment," and a new emphasis on tracking changes in PSA over time among possible updates to guidelines expected soon from the American Urological Association.
After controlling for age, ethnicity, marital status, disease stage, baseline prostate-specific antigen, Gleason score, and baseline test scores, the researchers found that men who received either stress management or supportive attention had significantly less distress in the week prior to surgery than did the usual-care group.