The chairman said, 'The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision which revised the standards governing the capital adequacy of internationally active banks known as Basel III will put the Third World's entire banking system under a tight jacket and virtually leading to a collapse of the system.
What does BCBS stand for?
BCBS stands for Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BCBS
We have 20 other meanings of BCBS in our Acronym Attic
- Business Continuity: Best Practices (book)
- Bay County Bean Producers Association (Michigan)
- Burberry Cashmere Black Plaid Scarf
- Black Cherry Burst Quilt (Ovation Guitar; instrument finish type)
- Basic Channel, Basic Reshape (album by band Basic Channel)
- Bilateral Carotid-Body Resection
- Boulder County Business Report (Boulder, Colorado, USA)
- Broome County Board of REALTORS (Greater Binghamton, New York)
- Brunswick County Board of Realtors
- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies
- Bay City Baptist School
- Bayer Corporate and Business Services LLC (est. 1863)
- Bishop Cotton Boys School (Bangalore, India)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) Club de Belgique Sud (French: BMW Club of South Belgium)
- Bourbon County Brand Stout (Goose Island Beer Company)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Samples in periodicals archive:
In late 2009, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision approved for consultation a package of proposals to strengthen global capital and liquidity regulations with the goal of promoting a more resilient banking sector, which rapidly became known as Basel III.
Some of the new and stricter global rules concerning banking capital and liquidity outlined by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision will not come into effect before 2018.
The following statement was issued Monday by the Bank for International Settlements: The Group of Governors and Heads of Supervision reach broad agreement on Basel Committee capital and liquidity reform package 26 July 2010 The Group of Governors and Heads of Supervision, the oversight body of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, met on 26 July 2010 to review the Basel Committee's capital and liquidity reform package.
The central bank governor of Spain, Jaime Camana, is presently chairing the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision that last year got the green light from the G10 governors for the new capital standard known as Basel II.