e-Stewards is a globally accredited, third-party audited certification program developed by the environmental watchdog group Basel Action Network (BAN) with support from other environmental groups and industry leaders.
What does BAN stand for?
BAN stands for Basel Action Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAN
We have 70 other meanings of BAN in our Acronym Attic
- Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo
- Brad, Angelina, Maddox and Zahara
- Bachelor of Arts in Nursing
- Backup Area Network
- Badan Akreditasi Nasional (Indonesian: National Accreditation Board)
- Banesto (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Bangladesh (South Asia)
- Bangor (Amtrak station code; Bangor, ME)
- Base Aéronautique Navale (French: Naval Air Base)
- Base Area Network
- Basement Area Network
- Basic Access Network
- Basongo, Zaire (Airport Code)
- Basset Artésien Normand (French: Artesien Norman Basset; dog breed)
- Bâtiment des Auxiliaires Nucléaires (French: Nuclear Auxiliary Building)
- Battlespace Area Network
- Beacon Alliance of Neighbors (Seattle, WA)
- Benefit Access Number (Microsoft MSDN subscriptions)
- Béton Auto-Nivellant (French: Self-Leveling Concrete; construction industry)
- Billing Account Number (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its Electronics Stewardship Policy, developed with guidance from BSR, Basel Action Network and ABI Research, publicly states Sprint's pledge to responsibly recycle electronic scrap while striving to boost equipment recycling and reuse.
However, some environmental groups such as Basel Action Network (BAN) and Greenpeace (2009) have done a lot of investigations which indicate that large quantities of highly polluting hazardous waste electronic electrical equipment (WEEE) are illegally pouring into Nigeria.
Lead, one heavy metal, is found in "almost every electrical product" according to Sarah Westervelt, e-Stewardship Policy Director at Basel Action Network (ban.
Created jointly by the environmental community and business leaders, the new e-Stewards Certification and Standard is held by the nonprofit Basel Action Network.
The global pollution watchdog group Basel Action Network (BAN) found that two Humane Society charity e-waste collection events in the Pittsburgh area were unwittingly part of a toxic fraud.