com/psi Between 1988 and 1995 the Base Realignment and Closure Commission closed nearly a hundred bases ands realigned over three hundred others, affecting not only soldiers but the communities which housed these bases.
What does BRACC stand for?
BRACC stands for Base Realignment and Closure Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BRACC
We have 2 other meanings of BRACC in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Ridge Apartment Council (Charlottesville, VA)
- Brandt's Cormorant (bird species)
- Brionnais Rétro Automobile Club (French car association)
- Bronx River Art Center (New York, NY)
- Budget Rent A Car system
- Buell Racing Club (France)
- Building Regulations Advisory Committee
- Building Resources Across Communities (formerly Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee)
- Bureau Régional de l'Afrique Centrale (French: Regional Office for Central Africa; International Union for Conservation of Nature)
- Base Realignment and Closure Act
- Black River Area Community Coalition (Ludlow, VT)
- Base Resource and Capability Estimator (US DoD)
- Bay Regional Atmospheric Chemistry Experiment (University of South Florida)
- Behavioral Relativity and Cognitive Economics (human behavior model)
- Bi-Mode Row-Based ASCII-Compatible Encoding
- Broward Advisors for Continuing Education (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Burbank Residents Assisting in Community Emergencies
- Short (Prefix)
- Base Realignment And Closure Office/Officer
- Blast Resistant Artillery Camouflage Screen
Samples in periodicals archive:
The medical center was tapped by the Department of Defense to be closed, and that recommendation was recently approved by members of the Defense Base Realignment and Closure Commission.
Bayonne was closed as the result of a decision made by the 1995 Base Realignment and Closure Commission.