The tot suffered from Barth Syndrome, which weakens the heart.
What does BTHS stand for?
BTHS stands for Barth Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BTHS
We have 1 other meaning of BTHS in our Acronym Attic
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Back the Hell Off
- Bandar Tun Hussein Onn (township in Cheras, Selangor, Malaysia)
- Beat the Hell Outta
- Burn the Hell Out
- Beats The Heck Outta Me
- Beats the Heck Out of Me
- Béton à Très Haute Performance (French: Very High Performance Concrete)
- Boat Tail Hollow Point
- Boundary Trail Heritage Region (Canada)
- Bartram Trail High School (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Belleville Township High School (Belleville, IL)
- Brick Township High School (New Jersey)
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Burlington Township High School (Burlington County, New Jersey)
- Belleville Township High School East (Belleville, IL)
- Belleville Township High School West (Belleville, IL)
- British Thermal Unit
- Broadway the Hard Way (Frank Zappa album)
- B'not Torah Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
Baby I was born with Barth syndrome, which caused a weak heart.
We obtained skin fibroblasts from 2 individuals with confirmed 3MGA type I (1, 6), 5 individuals with confirmed Barth syndrome (13), 2 individuals with 3MGA type IV (14), and 13 control individuals with no evidence of an inborn error of branched chain amino acid oxidation or mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation.
Recently, we showed defective incorporation of linoleic acid into CL in cultured skin fibroblasts of patients suffering from Barth syndrome (BTHS) (10).