Governments live in fear of barbarians at the gates, but the men and women locked out might do something truly revolutionary: balance the books.
What does BATG stand for?
BATG stands for Barbarians at the Gates (game)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BATG
We have 2 other meanings of BATG in our Acronym Attic
- Bangalore Agenda Task Force
- Basic Leucine Zipper Transcription Factor
- Bay Area Tap Festival
- Beach Alcohol Task Force (San Diego, CA)
- Brooklyn Aids Task Force (Brooklyn, NY)
- Buildings and Appliances Task Force
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (US)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Agent
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Cryptography
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
- Beauty And The Geek (reality TV gameshow)
- Biosphere-Atmosphere Trace Gas Exchange in the Tropics
- Bacterial Adhesion to Hydrocarbon (aka Bacterial Adherence to Hydrocarbon; microbiology)
- Bathing persons with Alzheimer’s disease aT Home Study (National Instutute on Aging clinical trial)
- Beast and the Harlot (song)
- Best Available True Heading
- Blowed All To Hell
- British Association of Therapeutical Hypnotists (est. 1951; UK)
- Burnable Fuel Abatement Through Efficient Improvement and Nonfossil Fraction Increase
- Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The message arrives and, in the end, engenders in its audience a touch of condescension that masks a sense of superiority, like that which the ancient Romans must have felt toward the barbarians at the gates.
With the Dow at an all-time high, takeover deals entering astronomical levels that make the Barbarians at the Gates look like Fuller Brush Men and executive salaries at positively obscene payouts, the '00s have had it all .