As a part of the second annual Banned Books Week, the AASL is asking school librarians and educators to share how overly restrictive filtering web sites negatively affects student learning.
What does BBW stand for?
BBW stands for Banned Books Week (est. 1982)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBW
We have 57 other meanings of BBW in our Acronym Attic
- Badhit Bal Vikas Kendra (Indian organization for blind, deaf, and dumb children)
- Big Bend Village Library (Big Bend, WI)
- Big Ben Venture Partner Inc. (est. 1992)
- Bensley-Bermuda Volunteer Rescue Squad (Virginia)
- Banff-Bow Valley Study (Canadian ecological study)
- Be Back Very Soon
- Body Bias Voltage Set
- Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services (Pennsylvania)
- Beach Breizh Volley Tour (France)
- Balfour Beatty Workplace (London, England)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Banned Books Week, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, will be marked with displays of banned books in thousands of American libraries and bookshops, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
The upturn follows Banned Books Week, which highlighted And Tango Makes Three, which has topped the survey of the most challenged books drawn up by the American Library Association for three years.
The ALA produces its top ten list of the books that Americans most want banned every year and have being doing so for 20 years and they celebrate Banned Books Week every year in September.