The Lending Standards Board is the successor organisation to the Banking Code Standards Board and came into effect in November, 2009.
What does BCSB stand for?
BCSB stands for Banking Code Standards Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BCSB
We have 10 other meanings of BCSB in our Acronym Attic
- Bryan College Station Apartment Association (Bryan, TX)
- Board Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
- Board of Certification for Substance Abuse Counselors
- Breast Cancer Survivors and Friends
- British Chevening Scholars Association in Jordan
- British Columbia Settlement and Adaptation Program (British Columbia, Canada)
- British Columbia Student Assistance Program
- Benton County Search and Rescue (Arkansas)
- British Columbia Search and Rescue Association (Canada)
- Baltimore County Savings Bank (Maryland)
- Berkeley Center for Structural Biology (Berkeley, CA)
- Bloomsbury Centre for Structural Biology (UK; est. 1998)
- Broward County School Board (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- Brown County State Bank (Sterling, IL)
- Barry County Southern Baptist Association (Cassville, MO)
- British Coloured Sheep Breeders Association
- Bucks County School of Beauty Culture, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Bulgarian-Canadian Society of British Columbia (Canada)
- Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (est. 2005; Mumbai, India)
- Bay County Small Business Incubator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The LSB is the successor to the Banking Code Standards Board and came into effect in November 2009.
According to the Banking Code Standards Board, many staff appear confident, even when getting it completely wrong, and the situation is worse than it was a year ago.
The way banks treat their customers is not currently regulated, with the Banking Code Standards Board instead enforcing the voluntary Banking Code.
She is currently non-executive director of the Banking Code Standards Board and of UK Trade and Investment; an independent board member of the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR); a trustee of the British Council; and a member of the National Learning and Skills Council.
The Banking Code Standards Board says banks are allowed to close down accounts for commercial reasons, but must also treat fairly any customers who are experiencing financial difficulties.
So it's no surprise that complaints received by watchdog the Banking Code Standards Board leapt by almost half last year.
The row erupted as bosses of the Banking Code Standards Board were being quizzed in the Commons by MPs on the Treasury Committee.