Elsewhere, dogs accompanied by their owners happily ran leash-free along a vast expanse of beach at San Francisco's Fort Funston park--that is, until officials determined that one of California's two Bank Swallow coastal communities used 10 acres of the beach.
What does BANS stand for?
BANS stands for Bank Swallow (bird species)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BANS
We have 4 other meanings of BANS in our Acronym Attic
- Batang Ai National Park (Malaysia)
- Bay Area Nutrition and Physical Activity Collaborative (health enthusiast organization; California)
- Banco do Estado do Pará (Pará State Bank; Brazil)
- Bibliothèque et Archives Nationales du Québec (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Banco del Quetzal (Guatemala, bank)
- Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Banco do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul
- Banco do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (Rio Grande do Sul State Bank, Brazil)
- Banco de Desarrollo Rural (Guatemala)
- Back, Arms, Neck and Scalp (mnemonic)
- British Artificial Nutrition Survey (est. 1996; British Association for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition)
- British Association of Numismatic Societies
- Budesonide Aqueous Nasal Spray
- Build A Niche Store (eBay Affiliate Website Builder)
- Bar Association of North San Diego County (California)
- Bangladesh National Scientific and Technical Documentation Centre (est. 1972; Bangladesh)
- Business Angels Network South East Asia (investors network)
- Balloon and Nike-Scale High-Explosive Experiments
- Beam Accelerator for Novel Super High Energy Electron
- Burning Anomaly Rate Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
was asked and answered, Rea and Ijichi had participants mention the locally extinct species by name: the California condor, the yellow-billed cuckoo, Swainson's hawk, the bank swallow, the black rail, the Fulvous tree duck, as well as the pronghorn (the American antelope), the long-earned kit fox, and the Southern California grizzly.
Then, in perfect anticlimax, a gunmetal aura blanketed my little camp as zillions of bank swallows careened into darkness.
If the bank swallow his insults to Scotland, the steady trickle of customers closing their accounts deserves to become a Biblical flood.