com is an organization dedicated to create, update, and provide an extensive Bank Identification Number database in order to help online-based businesses deal with the problem of online fraud and chargebacks during electronic payment from different credit and debit cards.
What does BIN stand for?
BIN stands for Bank Identification Number
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BIN
We have 59 other meanings of BIN in our Acronym Attic
- Bulgarian Institute for Management and Technology
- British Independent Motor Trade Association (UK)
- Belgrade International Model United Nations
- Bonn International Model United Nations (Bonn, Germany)
- Bremen International Model United Nations (Bremen, Germany)
- Budapest International Model United Nations (Hungary)
- British Internet Music and Video Store
- Biblioteka Instytutu Medycyny Wsi (medical library; Poland)
- Brande International Music Workshop Orchestra
- Badan Intelijen Negara (State Intelligence Agency, Indonesia)
- Barcode Index Number (Barcode of Life Data System)
- Belgisch Instituut voor Normalisatie (Dutch: Belgian Institute for Standardisation; Belgium)
- Benefit Identification Number (pharmacy routing, Medicare)
- Berkeley Information Network (Berkeley, CA)
- BFTT Information Network
- Binary (File Name Extension)
- Black Information Network
- Bonheur Intérieur Net (French; economic and social index)
- Brain Injury Network
- Bridging Integrator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The problem is thought to stem from the website not recognising the card's bank identification number - the first six digits that appear on the card.