By using a band-pass filter it is possible to remove the DC component and higher frequency noises, including power line interference.
What does BPF stand for?
BPF stands for Band-Pass Filter
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPF
We have 98 other meanings of BPF in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Physical Education and School Sports (Philippines)
- Border Patrol Enforcement Tracking System (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Border Price Equivalent Value (economic evaluation of projects)
- Buscados Por el Viento (Spanish: Wind Wanted; band; Argentina)
- Business Partner Electronic Vehicle Registration
- Battle Planning Experiment
- British Pig Executive (UK pig levy payers)
- Business Process Extensions
- Balanced Plateaued Function
- Banco Popular France (French bank)
- Bat Performance Factor
- Belgische Petroleum Federatie (Belgian Petroleum Federation)
- Berkeley Packet Filter
- Beryllium Propellant Facility
- Best Practice Framework (measurement tool)
- Best Practice Funding (Google)
- Bilan Pédagogique et Financier (French: Pedagogical and Financial Balance)
- Biologie et Pathogénicité Fongiques (French: Fungal Biology and Pathogenicity)
- Bioprocess Pilot Facility (Biotech Campus Delft; Delft, Netherlands)
- Blade Passing Frequency
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most common are statistical filters, including the Hodrick-Prescott filter, band-pass filters, Kalman filters, and Beveridge-Nelson decompositions.
The Band-Pass filter is used where the seismic trace contains low-frequency noise, such as Ground Roll and high-frequency ambient noise.
Band-pass filter (BP) The fluctuations we observe in a time series have different causes.
1999), 'Measuring business cycles: approximate band-pass filters for economic time series', Review of Economics and Statistics, 81, 4, pp.