Present status of the Baltic Operational Oceanographic System.
What does BOOS stand for?
BOOS stands for Baltic Operational Oceanographic System (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BOOS
We have 2 other meanings of BOOS in our Acronym Attic
- Bored Out of My Skull
- Basic Object Oriented Programming
- Bill and the Office Of the President (Microsoft)
- Blown Out of Proportion
- Bone Out of Place
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia
- Basic Object Oriented Programming System for Intuition
- Bestuur Openbaar Onderwijs Rotterdam (Dutch: Public Education Rotterdam)
- Bureau Oudheidkundig Onderzoek Rotterdam (Dutch: Archaeological Research Office Rotterdam; Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Baltic Operational Observing System
- Bent Out of Shape (Rainbow music album)
- Bondi Ocean Outfall Sewer (engineering structure; Australia)
- British Orthopaedic Oncology Society
- Beecroft Out of School Hours (Australia)
- Battery Operated Orbital Scrubbing Technology (trademark of Clarke)
- Benefits of Oxygen Saturation Targeting (trial/study)
- Broadened Opportunities for Officer Selection & Training
- Build, Own, Operate, Share and Transfer
- Building on Opportunities to Strengthen Tourism (Singapore Tourism Board)
- Building Opportunities and Overtures in Science and Technology (educational consortium; North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among these, the ongoing BALTEX initiative (an international programme to investigate water and energy cycles in the Baltic Sea drainage basin), FP5 project PAPA, directed towards establishing the Baltic Operational Oceanographic System, and FP6 network SEAMOCS, focussed on wave problems, have probably had the greatest impact.