These units will not only utilise the construction parameters as described but will also employ the latest electronics controlling the fluorescent lamp ballast units.
What does BU stand for?
BU stands for Ballast Unit
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BU
We have 12 other meanings of BU in our Acronym Attic
- Baltikum Tourismus Zentrale (German: Baltic Tourism Center; Berlin, Germany)
- Banados-Teitelboim-Zanelli (black hole)
- Begin Transit Zone (road rally term)
- Below the Treatment Zone
- Below the Zone (promotions)
- Beyond the Zone System
- Bad Urban Area (terrain type)
- Bahçesehir Üniversitesi (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Baker University (Baldwin City, KS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When the xenon headlight is switched on, the ballast unit delivers a momentary ignition pulse of up to 10,000 volts, followed by an operating current, which is approximately 85 volts.