the Balance of Payments Manual - fifth edition, issued by the International Fund in 1993, divides the assets and liabilities to direct investment (investment by 10% and more in the non-resident capital), and portfolio investment (investment less than 10% in the non-resident capital as well as investment in bonds), and other investments (which are divided into stocks of trade credit, loans, currency and deposits and any other assets or liabilities), in addition to the Reserve Assets, which is defined as Stocks held by the Monetary Authority to address the imbalances in the balance of payments, it is worth mentioning that the reserve assets are only included in the asset side.
What does BPM stand for?
BPM stands for Balance of Payments Manual
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BPM
We have 185 other meanings of BPM in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Private Land Services (Department of Environmental Conservation; New York)
- Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County (Fremont, OH)
- Binomial Probabilistic Location Set Covering Problem
- Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment
- Baker Plug (petroleum industry)
- Barramundi Picorna-Like Virus
- Bipropellant Latch Valve Driver
- Buckshot Pyrite Leader Zone (gold mining)
- Background Processing Management
- Banca Popolare di Milano (Italian bank)
- Bank Pertanian Malaysia
- Barrels Per Minute (flow rate of Oil producing wells)
- Basic Parameters Module
- Basic Perinatal Matrices
- Basic Pleasure Model (band)
- Bataafse Petroleum Maatschappij (Dutch)
- Batch Process Monitor
- Batch Processing Monitor
- Bathy-Photometer (oceanography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Table one summarizes balance of payment components to highlight financing items, and table two lists the standard components defined in the Balance of Payments Manual.
It noted, however, that some countries still compile remittances data using the fourth edition of the Balance of Payments Manual, which can result in significant distortions of inflows.