Researchers at Swansea University used a combination of Baited Remote Underwater Video systems and traditional beach seine netting to quantify the fish species present in seagrass, horse mussel and kelp.
What does BRUV stand for?
BRUV stands for Baited Remote Underwater Video (research technique)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Berkeley Regis United Neighbors, Inc. (Denver, CO)
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Broken Up Passes (football stat)
- Bachelor of Rural Science
- Bachelor of Rural Science Education
- British-United States Agreement
- Believing Revealing Understanding the After Life (paranormal research group)
- British Rail Universal Trolley Equipment
- TV Term to Describe A Big Arc Light
- Bull Run Unitarian Universalists (Manassas, VA)
- Baited Remote Underwater Video Stations (underwater research; Australia)
- Back Row Vacancy (band)
- Badger Region Volleyball (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
- Bankruptcy Remote Vehicle
- Barrons Recreational Vehicles (New Zealand)
- Bats and Red Velvet (Magazine)
- Beach Recovery Vehicle
- Bibliothèque de Référence Virtuelle (French: Virtual Reference Library; Canada)
- Biederman Redevelopment Ventures (consulting firm; New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study by the Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS), using Baited Remote Underwater Video Stations (BRUVS), suggests severe over-fishing is behind a rapid decline in dwindling shark populations in parts of northern Australia.
Researchers at Swansea University used a combination of baited remote underwater video systems and traditional beach netting to quantify the fish species present in seagrass, horse mussel and kelp.