He was held at Bagram Theater Internment Facility before being transferred to Guantanamo Bay in 2003.
What does BTIF stand for?
BTIF stands for Bagram Theater Internment Facility (Bagram Air Base; Afghanistan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BTIF
- Better Than Ice Cream (Philippines)
- Big Time International Consultant
- BIOTROP (Regional Centre for Tropical Biology) Training and Information Centre (Indonesia)
- Bali Turtle Island Development
- Battlefield Target Identification
- Battlefield Target Identification Device
- Brief Therapy Institute of Denver (Colorado)
- Bulk Transaction Identifier (Oracle)
- Buy Term and Invest the Difference (insurance investment strategy)
- Bilisim Teknolojileri Isiginda Egitim (IT conference)
- Business Taxpayer Information File
- Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund
- Baltimore Technologies Investments Limited (London, UK)
- Better Things in Life
- Big Trouble in Little China (movie)
- Big Trouble in Little China (Winnipeg, MB, Canada band)
- Beginning Teacher Induction and Mentoring (Texas Education Agency; Austin, TX)
- Be Thankful It's Monday, Consider the Alternative
- Beauty That Is Never Old
- Beginning Teacher Internship Program (Indiana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Bagram Theater Internment Facility (BTIF), located at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, houses a number of Operation Enduring Freedom detainees.
The holding center described by the teenagers appeared to have been a facility run by US Special Operations forces that is separate from the Bagram Theater Internment Facility, the main American-run prison, the paper said.
He quickly gained an expertise in detention operations at the Bagram Theater Internment Facility, which held enemy combatants removed from the battlefield.
The new facility, which will informally be referred to as the Detention Facility in Parwan until the Afghan government selects an appropriate name, replaces the Bagram Theater Internment Facility (located several kilometers away).
Task Force Protector, led by Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 16th Military Police Brigade (Airborne), Fort Bragg, North Carolina, assumed responsibility of the Bagram Theater Internment Facility and theater law and order operations from Task Force Guardian in a transfer-of-authority ceremony conducted 15 August 2009.