The Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (New Nationalist Alliance) or Bayan, said that with the appointment by Aquino of erstwhile Associate Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno as the new Supreme Court Chief Justice, Filipinos should not let their guard down against the emergence of a judicial branch of government that is open to the dictates of the Chief Executive (Aquino).
What does BAYAN stand for?
BAYAN stands for Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Philippine political movement)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- BCL2-Associated X Protein
- Brooklyn Arts Exchange (New York)
- Burlington Air Express
- Baia Mare, Romania (airport code)
- Bank of Ayudhya (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Belle Aire Youth (Tennessee)
- Brooklyn Atlantic Yards (New York)
- Burnham Area Youth (Bridgwater, Somerset, England, UK)
- Bay Area Young Architects (San Francisco, CA)
- Bay Area Youth Agency Consortium (Richmond, CA)
- Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (Michigan)
- Bay Area Young Adult Sangha (California)
- Broken Arrow Youth Baseball (Broken Arrow, OK)
- Bay Area Youth Centers (Hayward, CA)
- Be All You Can Be
- Black Adventist Youth Directors' Association
- Birdville Area Youth Fubol Alliance
- Broken Arrow Youth Football Association (Oklahoma)
- Bay Area Youth Fund (for education)
- Bay Area Youth Harp Ensemble (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite the fact that the Japanese government has not even paid for the war crimes it committed against Filipinos, our government is even honoring its prime minister,'' said Renato Reyes, spokesperson for the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (New Patriotic Alliance).
The Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (New Nationalists Alliance or Bayan) in a statement, said the presence of the USS North Carolina in the country's waters may be a violation of a provision of the Philippines' Constitution.
The umbrella group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (New Nationalist Alliance) called on the government of President Benigno Aquino III to "stop acting oblivious to skyrocketing oil prices" and to take the necessary steps in protecting consumers.
The left-wing activist umbrella group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan or New Patriotic Alliance) said protests will greet Clinton when she visits the Philippines next week.