Marine scientist Dr Brownlow said: "Meningitis would definitely explain their stranding but there is no gross evidence at this stage of disease - that's why we're conducting the bacteriological tests.
What does BACT stand for?
BACT stands for Bacteriological
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BACT
We have 3 other meanings of BACT in our Acronym Attic
- Business and Computer Science (various schools)
- Bay Area Christian Singles Alliance (Houston, TX)
- Beach Action Committee of South Africa
- British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia
- Business Advisory Council for Southeast Europe (Balkan reconstruction and development)
- Bay Area Construction Sector Intervention Collaborative (Oakland, California)
- Business Administration Computer Science and Information Technology
- Bagotville Air Cadet Summer Training Centre (Canada)
- Blackdown Army Cadet Summer Training Centre
- Borden Air Cadet Summer Training Centre
- Bekaert Advanced Coating Technologies
- Best Available Control Technology
- Biological Approaches to Cancer Treatment
- British Association of Conference Towns
- Bryn Athyn Community Theater (est. 1981; Bryn Athyn, PA)
- British Amusement and Catering Trades Association
- Bay Area Cellular Telephone Company
- Best Available Control Technology Economically Achievable (Canada)
- Biological Arms Control Treaty Office (Army implementing agent)
- Bactrian (linguistics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1968, Syria joined the 1925 Geneva Protocol on the prohibition of the use in war of asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and of bacteriological methods of warfare.
The FDA determined that the TaqMan Salmonella enteritidis Detection Kit by Life Technologies is equivalent in accuracy, precision and sensitivity to the agency's standard methods described in the FDA's Bacteriological Analytical Manual (December 2007 edition).
Meredith Young in the Lancet about three years ago, in which he reports a series of very exhaustive observations, clinical and bacteriological, on methods of throat sepsis, and in which, from results in which fallacies were, as far as humanly possible, eliminated, he came to the conclusion that formamint tablets furnished an almost ideal method of throat antisepsis.
DG18 complies both with current ISO requirements and methods set out in the Bacteriological Analytical Manual (BAM), supporting testing laboratories in achieving their quality standards.
USDA-ARS scientists are looking to license a new bacteriological medium that can be used to grow and store Campylobacter.