Byline: By Steve Dube Western Mail A second case of bacterial kidney disease in Britain has been described as no cause for alarm.
What does BKD stand for?
BKD stands for Bacterial Kidney Disease (Salmon disease)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BKD
We have 20 other meanings of BKD in our Acronym Attic
- Bank of Central Jersey
- Behcet Kemal Caglar Lisesi (Turkish school)
- Border Kei Chamber of Business (South Africa)
- Book of Coral Propagation (textbook; TFH Publications, Inc.)
- Basal Keratinocyte Culture Supernatants
- Bovine Kidney Cells with Calf Serum
- Brent, Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster (UK)
- Backward Diagonal
- Badan Kepegawaian Daerah (Indonesian: Regional Officer Agency)
- Baird, Kurtz & Dobson (accounting firm; Springfield, MO)
- Bayesian Knowledge Discovery (project; UK)
- Bedrijven-Kontakt-Dagen (Dutch: Business Contact Days)
- Berliner Kampf Dackel (German gaming clan)
- Beta-Ketothiolase Deficiency
- BKD, LLP (not an acronym; formerly Baird, Kurtz and Dobson; Springfield, MO)
- Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. (stock symbol; Brentwood, TN)
- Bonny Kingdom Development Committee (established in 1996; Nigeria)
- Badan Kepegawaian Dan Diklat (District of Polewali Mandar, Indonesia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The organisation recently delisted finfish diseases infectious pancreatic necrosis and bacterial kidney disease as internationally notifiable, as well as mollusc disease mikrocytos mackini.
Bacterial kidney disease has no implications for human health but can kill large numbers of both farmed and wild salmon and trout.