While this approach is straightforward and does offer significantly faster backup and restore times than traditional tape backup, it requires users to make changes to their existing backup configuration.
What does BUR stand for?
BUR stands for Backup and Restore
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of BUR
We have 12 other meanings of BUR in our Acronym Attic
- Black Urban Professional Person
- Back Up Power Supply
- Beacon, Ultra Portable S-Band (electronic beacon)
- Bilkent University Preparatory School (Ankara, Turkey)
- Black Undergraduate Psychology Society (Southern Illinois University)
- British Undergraduate Philosophy Society
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (China)
- Both Upper Quadrants
- Bulawayo, Zimbabwe - Bulawayo (Airport Code)
- Back-Up Roller
- Backup Rate
- Bargaining Unit Representative (various organizations)
- Base Unfunded Requirement
- Base Usage Rate (Association of Photographers)
- Biblioteca Universale Rizzoli (Italian literature publication series)
- Blue Unit Report (military simulations)
- Bollettino Ufficiale Regionale (Italian: Regional Official Bulletin)
- Bottom Up Review
- Bottoms Up Reconciliation
- Build-Up Rate (drilling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Disaster recovery strategies that incorporate the strengths of disk-to-disk solutions (like Symantec LiveState Recovery) enable organizations to enjoy the benefits of: * Near immediate bare-metal recovery * Efficient utilization of small backup windows * Automated and performance-friendly while-you-work backups * Reliable backup and restore * Reduced IT costs * Improved virus protection and change management One of the biggest bottlenecks to getting systems back online after a disaster is the restore from tape process.
Yet few have adequate backup and restore processes in place to ensure they can (1) protect their data, maintain business operations and user productivity, (2) accommodate exploding data growth, and (3) ensure compliance with emerging government regulations (e.