At present, to receive a new backup generator, the health building won t be the only public agency.
What does BG stand for?
BG stands for Backup Generator
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BG
We have 61 other meanings of BG in our Acronym Attic
- Bratislavsky Futbalovy Zvaz (Slovak: Bratislava Football Association; Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Brothers Fault Zone (Oregon)
- Breadboard Float Zone Experiment System
- Belye Flagi Zazhigayte Medlenno (Russian: Burn the White Flags Slowly; band)
- Bragg-Fresnel Zone Plate (X-ray optics)
- Baby Gangsta (band)
- Bacillus Globigii
- Bacillus Subtilis Var Niger (biological warfare agent simulant)
- Back Grinding
Samples in periodicals archive:
The return on investment for a backup generator could be huge, Johnston says.
Since today's businesses are dependent on large computer systems, having a reliable transfer switch that immediately links over to the backup generator is one of the most critical elements to the entire system.
The mill's current protection scheme includes two SEL-2PG10 Phase Distance Ground Overcurrent Relays; five SEL-321 Phase and Ground Distance relays' one SEL-311C Distance Relay, four SEL-311L Relays; 12 SEL-300G Generator Protection Relays for added primary and backup generator protection; five SEL-351A Distribution Protection Systems; two SEL-501 Dual Universal Over-current Relays; and two SEL-547 Distributed Generation Interconnection Relays.
California law requires all skilled nursing facilities to have backup generators, but these primarily are intended to keep call systems and feeding tubes in operation.
Slebodnik says the hospital's diesel backup generator starts within 10 seconds, but the flywheel provides support for 15 to 120 seconds, more than sufficient to cover the lag.