Formerly known as the Back to Sleep campaign, the campaign encourages parents to place infants on their backs and to follow other safe sleep practices, such as placing infants to sleep in a crib without soft bedding such as blankets and quilts.
What does BTSC stand for?
BTSC stands for Back to Sleep Campaign (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BTSC
We have 39 other meanings of BTSC in our Acronym Attic
- Behind the Scenes Adventures (tour operator)
- Benziger Thinking Styles Assessment
- Bonus to Selling Agent
- Brevet de Technicien Supérieur Agricole (French agricultural certification)
- Business Technical Service Assurance (Sprint)
- Seaman Apprentice, Boiler Technician Striker (USN Rating)
- Baton Twirling Sport Association of Ireland
- Bila Tserkva State Agrarian University (Kiev region, Ukraine)
- Blood Transfusion Services Board
- Bound to Stay Bound Books, Inc. (Jacksonville, IL)
- Behind the Scenes Contact (gaming)
- Behind the Steel Curtain (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Biroja Tehnikas Servisa Centrs (Latvian: Office Technical Service Center)
- Bon Temps Social Club (French: Good Times Social Club; San Diego, CA)
- British Two Stroke Club (motorcycles)
- Broadcast Television Systems Committee
- Business Transaction Surveillance Center
- Bulk Tank Somatic Cell Counts
- Binary Time-Series Cross-Section
- Back to School Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mitchell believes the following advice is key: * Follow the advice given in the Back to Sleep campaign * No smoking in pregnancy and around baby after birth (pregnancy is probably more important) * The safest place for a baby to sleep is in a cot beside the parental bed.
The campaign, which has been known as the Back to Sleep Campaign, has been renamed the Safe to Sleep Campaign.
But there are also other factors, such as making sure you lie your baby on his back rather than his front when you put him down - something that was raised in the Back To Sleep Campaign.
The hearing has already heard from Prof Fleming, who was a medical leader in the Government's Back To Sleep campaign that dramatically reduced the number of cot deaths.
Healthy Child Care America's Back to Sleep Campaign, the HRSA program, has many objectives to reduce SIDS deaths.
Professor Crane, who said cot deaths in Ulster had been dramatically cut back after the Back To Sleep campaign in 1982, has urged parents to stop taking tots to bed with them.