An out and back course, after playing the 11th you turn for home and the wind can often be the biggest factor, as all who have played links golf know.
What does BC stand for?
BC stands for Back Course (navigation; aviation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BC
We have 272 other meanings of BC in our Acronym Attic
- Beruf Bildung Zukunft (German vocational training)
- Besluit Bijstandverlening Zelfstandigen
- Biotechnologisch-Biomedizinisches Zentrum (German: Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine)
- Break Beat Zone
- Bureau Belgische Zaken (Dutch: Belgian Affairs Office; Netherlands and Belgium)
- Bau-Bildungs-Zentrum Halberstadt
- Biocidas Biodegradables Zix (Spanish biodegradable biocide manufacturer; Huesca, Spain)
- Bau Bildungs Zentrum (Germany)
- Babson College
- Back Connected (junction box)
Samples in periodicals archive:
in Auburn and holds the record for the old back course at Juniper Hill in Northboro.
Winning the ladies race in Rugby RCC's open time trial, she hit top form to power round the ten mile out and back course on the A45 with an average speed of 25.
THOSE who back course specialists were in clover after The Hardy Boy took advantage of a lacklustre effort from odds-on favourite Amber Lodge in the 2m4f handicap chase at Plumpton to record a fifth course win.
The run is an out and back course from Mean Lane to Healey House, using the new cycle route.
He beat Graphic Approach at Newbury in November and followed that up with by just failing to peg back course specialist Fondmort at Cheltenham in a Listed race over this two mile and five furlong trip.
The race format consisted of a full marathon, a half-marathon and an unusual quarter-marathon on a flat-out and back course along the coast.
The Teesside University student had disposed of all meaningful opposition in the third Northern Counties Winter League race by the time she reached the Stray Caf on the out and back course to Marske, finally recording a time of 50min and 2sec.