Contract notice:Chemical products supply Launch of a public, international, open, tender for Supply pronymfoktonou preparation with an active substance in liquid form Diflubenzuron pronymfoktonou and preparation with an active substance Bacillus Thuringiensis Israelensis in liquid form for the needs of the program of mosquito control by spraying air operations in the Region of Central Macedonia ~ Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: 9.
What does BT stand for?
BT stands for Bacillus Thuringiensis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BT
We have 75 other meanings of BT in our Acronym Attic
- Berufliches Schulzentrum (German)
- Berufs- und Weiterbildung Zofingen (German; Swiss vocational training group)
- Bible Society of Zambia (est. 1966; Lusaka, Zambia)
- Bibliotheks Service Zentrum (German: Library Service Center; Germany)
- Brawley Seismic Zone (tectonic zone)
- Baltijas Socialo Zinatnu Instituts (Latvian: Baltic Institute of Social Sciences)
- Budapest Székesfõvárosi Közlekedési Részvénytársaság (Old Hungarian Transport Co)
- (USN Rating) Boiler Technician
- Baal T'Shuvah (Jewish religion)
- Baby Talk (magazine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The center is developing non-pathogenic Bacillus thuringiensis simulant strains that contain unique genetic "barcodes," or tags, to monitor how spores respond or persist in the environment.
It contains a gene from the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis that expresses a toxin (Bt toxin) poisonous to some pest insects.
Using Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt, a naturally occurring soil bacterium that kills pests if inserted into growing plants, researchers at Genfor in Chile's rainy southern forests say they are near to producing a commercial viable Bt tree.
For example, the virulent insect pathogen Bacillus thuringiensis is genetically closely related to the human pathogen Bacillus anthracis, the cause of anthrax (3).
A bacterium known as Bacillus thuringiensis produces a toxin that kills a variety of insects, including moths and mosquitoes.
Try treating very wet areas with the biological larvicide Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, or BTI, available in many hardware stores.
Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) Cry1Ab, the protoxin sequence from Bt serovar aizawai, consists of a single 610-amino-acid polypeptide (accession no.