The role of oestrogens has been acknowledged in the rapid fall of BMD during the menopausal age in Western studies.
What does BCAP stand for?
BCAP stands for BMD (Ballistic Missile Defense) CRD (Capstone Requirements Document) Analysis Plan (Missile Defense Agency)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BCAP
We have 66 other meanings of BCAP in our Acronym Attic
- British Columbia Association of Optometrists
- Burma Canadian Association of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Business Continuity Advancement Organization (Japan)
- British Columbia Alliance of Aromatherapy
- Balkans Combined Air Operation Centre (NATO)
- Bangladesh Canada Association of Calgary
- Building Contractors Association of Otero County (Alamogordo, NM)
- British Columbia Apartment Owners and Managers Association (Canada)
- Base Capability Acquisition Plan
- Biomass Crop Assistance Program
- Bond Cap Allocation Program (Washington)
- Boulder County AIDS Project
- British Code of Advertising Practice
- Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania (formerly Pennsylvania Cable & Telecommunications Association)
- Building Codes Assistance Project
- British Columbia Association of Practicing Aromatherapists (Canada)
- British Columbia Association of Police Boards (Canada)
- British Columbia Association of Professional Consulting Archaeologists
- Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative (Canada)
- British Columbia Anti-Prohibition League (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
BMD is de termined mainly by genetic factors; however, nutrition, physical activity, mechanical loading, and body composition also contribute to a varying extent throughout life (2).
We examined the association of hip BMD with levels of plasma tHcy, folate, and vitamin B12 and the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C [right arrow] T and 1298A [right arrow] C polymorphisms.
1,2) In the past 10 years, the number of children being diagnosed with BMD has more than doubled, with more than 100 000 children in the USA receiving treatment for BMD in 2001 in spite of the uncertainties that still surround its diagnosis in children.
In an epidemiological study of men and post-menopausal women primarily over 60 years of age, scientists at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (USDA HNRCA) at Tufts University found that BMD was significantly lower in men drinking more than two servings of liquor per day.
Bruyere, who is an epidemiologist at the University of Liege (Belgium), examined the associations between changes in BMD and the incidence of vertebral fracture in untreated postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.