South Africa's Azanian People's Liberation Army, for example, was trained in Libya.
What does APLA stand for?
APLA stands for Azanian People's Liberation Army (South Africa)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APLA
We have 37 other meanings of APLA in our Acronym Attic
- Asia Pacific and Latin America
- Asia Pacific Lottery Association
- Asociación Petroquímica y Química Latinoamericana (Argentina)
- Aspiring Political Leaders of America
- Association for Political and Legal Anthropology
- Association of Palestinian Local Authorities
- Association of Parliamentary Libraries of Australasia
- Association of Public Library Administrators
- Associazione Provinciale Liberi Artigiani
- Atlantic Provinces Library Association
- Advanced Placement Language and Composition
- Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation
- Alternative Platform Conference (Integrated Ocean Drilling program; Lisbon)
- Anarchist Prisoners' Legal Aid Network (Portland, OR)
- Association of Parliamentary Librarians of Asia and the Pacific
- Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology
- Alkaline Phosphatase-Labeled Anti-Salmonella (microbiology)
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems
- Accessible and Personalised Local Authority Web Sites (England's e-government website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
8) Similarly, Sithembele Khala, another former student from Orlando High School, was drawn into the PAC and Azanian People's Liberation Army (APLA) through connections with John Ganya.
The man who ordered countless killings as part of the battle to end apartheid - and the Azanian People's Liberation Army (APLA) commander who ordered the attack which killed Lyndi.
Soldiers launched the early morning attack on a suspected safe house of the Azanian People's Liberation Army.