9780812697988 Ayn Rand explained; from tyranny to Tea Party.
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Ayn Rand (novelist and philosopher)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Automation Resources
- Autonomous Republic
- Autosomal Recessive (genetics; recessive gene on one of the 23 pairs of autosomes)
- Auxiliary Receiver
- Auxiliary Relay
- Auxiliary Room
- Avance-Retard (French)
- Avis de Réception (Canada Post)
- Axial Ratio
- End of message / Out (logging abbreviation)
- Postal Fiscal (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Repair Ship
- attributable risk percent
- Applied Research and Development
- Automated Rendezvous and Docking
- American Running and Fitness Association (Bethesda, MD)
- Air Rescue and Firefighting
- Arastirma-gelistirme (Turkish: Research & Development)
- Availability, Reliability, and Maintainability
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we'd pick up" the Huffington Post quoted Obama, as saying.
html About the Author: Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum aka Ayn Rand was a Russian Jew born on 2nd February 1905 in Saint Petersburg.
I wish I had thought of Ayn Rand," or the recent movie that tried to depict that message from a half-century ago.
com, an Ultra-Left Wing blog, recently attacked Ayn Rand, the author of the 1957 novel "Atlas Shrugged," of which the movie is based, by calling her philosophy a "frightful concoction.
To learn more about Rand and her ideas read Radicals for Capitalism: A Freewheeling History of the Modern American Libertarian Movement by Brian Doherty and Goddess of the Market: Ayn Rand and the American Right by Jennifer Burns.
Goddess of the Market: Ayn Rand and the American Right.
Goddess of the Market: Ayn Rand and the American Right Jennifer Burns New York: Oxford University Press, 2009 (369 pages) One of the more interesting things about the study of the Right in America is the prevalence of women intellectuals and activists who are prominent figures in the movement.